Sunday, April 27, 2008

OVERHEARD AT GORDON

Overheard at Gordon is a new humor column formed by YOUR submissions. Overhear something funny in Lane? On the sidewalk? Send them in! voxpop@gordon (please, no names of persons overheard.)

Sarah said, "God has brought me laughter, and everyone who hears about this will laugh with me." Genesis 21:6

The following quotes have had eaves shamelessly dropped on them.

Girl's got issues
Girl 1: Shouts across lane: I love you!
Girls 2: Shouts back: I love you to!
Girl 1: does that cause psychological issues?

Wetting the bed on the sunny side

Guy 1: he spilled coffee on me

Girl 1: what?

Guy 1: while I was sleeping, he spilled coffee on me. And it kind of woke me up, and I asked him what was going on but he said to go back to sleep so I did and it soaked into my sheets. I’m too lazy to wash them.

Can I get a bulk discount if I buy all 30?

(Back of Lane)

Guy 1: I don’t understand why they can’t sell chapel credit.

Guy 2: $30 and I am done.

Guy 1: I would sell it for more than that. Like “$300 for a chapel credit.”

Guy 2: Did you get extra chapel credit last semester?

Guy 1: No I missed it by 5.

Go Get Your Lead On.

(Walking down the hill)

Guy 1: Where are you going?

Guy 2: Lead conference.

Guy 1: Ohhhhh! So you gonna go LEAD some people huh? Well have fun “LEADING.” Go get your LEAD on. LEAD those people.

Guy 2: Well…uh, yeah… thanks… I will.